What better way is there to spend the school holidays than in fresh air, stretching legs and engaging with the natural world? Join Emma Walton Guiding on a Thursday in the school holidays. Each four hour session is $50/child and $100/child for the 8 hour session or $50/family for the nocturnal session.
Your guide is highly trained and is experienced working with children of all ages and ability levels. They also have a current Working with Children Check (Blue Card). Children can attend without a parent or guardian provided they are 12 years or older.
Parents, guardians, caregivers, grandparents, uncles, aunts, cousins and family friends are also welcome to attend any of the sessions at no extra charge. If you have a group of 10 or more you are eligble for a group discount.
Why you should come
- fresh air
- encouraging an interest in the outdoors
- developing STEM concepts
- current blue card
- trained in first aid, CPR and remote first aid
- Bachelor of Wildlife Science
- experienced working with children
- previously worked as a learn-to-swim-teacher
- school assistant
- youth group co-ordinator
What you will need to bring
- snacks (e.g. museli bars and fruit)
- lunch (8 hour session)
- minimum of 2L of water per person
- covered walking shoes (e.g. sports shoes)
- torch (for nocturnal session)
- long pants
- long sleeved shirt
- camera or binoculars
- basic to moderate level of fitness
If 4 hours is too long for you and your family, a shorter session is available on Mondays.
Please note that there is limited mobile signal at this property. Guide always carries a Garmin InReach GPS/communicator. If you have any queries or concerns please contact me.
Sunscreen and insect repellant are made available but if you or your family have sensitive skin I would recommend bringing your own to avoid discomfort.